We take your privacy seriously, and we want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your information. “Kappa” means any entity that carries the Kappa brands, and any of our subsidiaries or divisions.
Your use of any of our sites is subject to the Conditions of Use for that site.
This Policy applies to:
- Information we collect in mailings or phone calls to us and at other locations and events under the Kappa name.
For simplicity, we will call the Kappa websites “digital properties” throughout this policy.
What we collect
Information you give us
We collect and store information you provide through our digital properties and through mailings or phone orders.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card number and other payment information
In certain situations, we may also collect things like:
- Demographic and lifestyle information (if you sign up for a birthday list)
- Your responses to surveys
Information from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records and identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information collected automatically online
We collect information about your interactions with us, including the type of device or browser you’re using, your IP address, your browsing behavior while on our website, and the URLs of the websites you were at before you visited our site (these are called “referring URLs”).
We may permit third party service providers to collect and process some information from our digital properties. We may share personal information with those providers and may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. We provide more information about interest-based ads below.
Our digital properties are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
Some of our digital properties may collect your location to help process orders.
In order for any mobile application to identify your location, you must enable location services through your mobile device’s settings. If you do not want Kappa to collect this information or to enable these features, you can turn off location services on your mobile device. Kappa has no control over your device’s settings.
Reviews and other content you provide
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Be aware that anyone who accesses these areas may read, collect, and use the information you provide.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Identifying you on our websites in order to customize your experience (for example, based on your purchase history or your location)
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services, or information
- Processing refunds, returns, and exchanges
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share The Information You Provide
We may combine or share information among current or future Kappa companies, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may share your information (including information about others that you have provided to us) with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Sending Kappa marketing communications
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
To provide our customers with products or services we believe may be of interest to you or others, occasionally we may share our customers’ or gift recipients’ names and mailing addresses with other companies, agents, or brokers. At any time, you have the option to remove your name and address from lists we share with 3rd parties, by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at 215-461-0550.
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information for legal reasons, for example, if we are required to do so by a regulation, court order, subpoena or other legal process. We may also share information when we believe it’s necessary to comply with the law or to respond to a government request, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect Kappa, our customers, or others.
We may share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution, or similar event. If such an event takes place, we’ll notify you through e-mail (if we have your email address) and/or a prominent notice on our applicable website(s) of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
How We Protect Your Information
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us.
- We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it.
We are committed to protecting your information, but you can do your part. You should create a strong password and protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and do not share your password with anyone. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and by using our digital properties you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
You may at any time:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone, and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Deactivate your account
- Request removal of information you post on our digital properties. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Provide your request and current contact information through one of the contact methods listed under “Contact Us” below.
Please note: Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, this does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content or personal information from the Internet.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Features
Kappa Publishing Group, Inc.
6198 Butler Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422